Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Thought today was going to be a "light" day.....

Today was a full, busy day. My friend Ron, who as soon as I am up for it this spring will be renovating my kitchen, came by with '60s-era Formica chips for my perusal. (I'm planning on having a little fun with this space, for as you know, Padlocked is all about the fun from here on in.)

He also brought along an orchid and a copy of Pema Chodron's "When Things Fall Apart," too.

No, not your father's contractor, our Ron (couldn't be happier about that, mind you).

Also, my plumber, Mr. Wilson, came by to get paid for the new tankless hot water heater he installed recently. It's a beaut! He also helped me complete my nice, big Baystate Gas rebate form for the energy efficient addition I've made to my home.

I now have a high-efficiency furnace, on-demand tankless hot water heater, super-efficient washer and dryer, and a hybrid car.

Making progress, people!

This afternoon I had another blood thinness test (for lack of a better way to put it), and apparently post-transfusion my numbers are waaaaay off. Even though I am what the medical community considers "heavyset," my blood is thin.

Doesn't that just burn you? It does me.

Won't be taking my "thinning" pills tonight or tomorrow; that should help. Thanks to Kate for driving me to the clinic and CVS--double duty!

Also, I'm back to Boston tomorrow for treatment #5, and am very glad I'll be seeing my doctor soon. And getting new results. (Here's hoping the news is good!) Karen is taking on the task tomorrow, bless her generous heart.

The house will be tended by another friend, as well as Melanie, the Bombshell's favorite pet-sitter. So, all is well on that front.

And I get to take steroids tomorrow--energy will soon be mine! Bwaahahahahahaah!

Ahem.

The day is wrapping up nicely, too. Aunt Mary dropped off two Boston cream pie cupcakes--isn't that a great idea? And the head of my department at Big Company and a dear friend sent cards that made me a little teary-eyed (in a good way).

This poem, by Annie Johnson Flint, was on one of the cards. Works for me:

God has not promised
skies always blue,
flower-strewn pathways
all our lives through.
God has not promised
sun without rain,
joy without sorrow,
peace without pain.
But God has promised
strength for the day,
rest for the labor,
light for the way.
Grace for the trials,
help from above,
unfailing sympathy,
undying love.

No comments: