Monday, March 15, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays....

This was a busy day, as I had lab work, an appointment with my primary/blood doc and radiation. Had promised Val, Joan, Karen and probably Sky that I would take a cab over to the clinic, but the weather was so absurd at departure time the ETA for cabs was 45 minutes.

And the clinic is across the street.

So, I toddled. Carefully. Across the ridiculously wet, rain-slicked bricks of this @#%$%* picturesque little patch of Boston, buffeted by wind and rain.

In a word: Sheesh!

But I managed to get where I needed to get, so all's well that ends well, I suppose. The main news today is from my doc, who, looking at my lab results, said that it's really, really a good idea to get me started on treatment as soon as possible after my radiation course ends on Friday. From what he said and how it said it (this man should never play poker, is all I can say), I deduced that the myeloma has taken advantage of this break in my treatment and my protein levels are creeping up again--and that's not good.

So, I'm having lab work done on Friday to see whether I can start my treatment early next week. Fingers crossed!!

I also learned that I likely have an MRI in my future to see how well the radiation did its job, but likely not for a week or more.

(My mission today was to see if there is anything that will get in the way of my heading home after Friday's radiation, and so far it's looking as though I will be clear to leave afterwards. Woo!)

The other good news today is that my friend Mary, scheduler/singer/juicer, is here, keeping me company. She got lost getting here, but did eventually find her way with step-by-step directions from Karen, who knows this area oh-too-well.

So, this was decidedly a Monday on many fronts, but it's good to have company and a relatively light (just radiation) day ahead tomorrow. Plus, the weather is finally supposed to take a turn for the better, which can only help make this all less, er, challenging (for lack of a better word).

Love from my little patch of Boston,

Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann's digs are cool. I'm so glad to be here. Actually I would probably still be riding around Boston if it werent for Karen. I parked in the wrong parking lot and had to be guided to Ann's apartment via cell phone with Karen. I ended up walking along the Boston streets with a knapsack on my back and holding various other bags. But, we did it. Thank you Karen.