Friday, March 05, 2010

Quick update

Had my first radiation treatment this morning. Bless them, they scooped me up before breakfast, so I ate graham crackers and cranberry juice in the Radiation Dept. for my morning meal.

Lunch was just a short while ago--yes, da noive!

Anyway, food aside, I'm glad to have one treatment done. Word is I will have 12 treatments altogether.

The only side effect so far is heartburn, which they're finding a way to address.

Otherwise, I get to have another MRI (the first missed the last bits on the bottom) today, and I had a consult with a kidney man, as my kidneys are underperforming (15-20% of normal) in an alarming way.

Well, a nurse just stopped by and I need to close for now. Bye!

5 comments:

Jennifer Myszkowski said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Padlock. We're all rooting for you!

PJ said...

Wow...things change very quickly in your world. I don't even know what to say.

Peg and I am here....too far away to help...but close enough to care.

Be strong Ann...know that people you have never met are pulling for you in a most amazing way.

PJ and Peg

Unknown said...

You're in my prayers and thoughts as I move through my days and nights. If I pray any harder I might get a hernia! Keep that sense of humor going as I think that is one of the only ways to keep on keeping on at times. I'll comb through my "joke book" and send some your way!
hugs, Claudia

Anne said...

If you need anything, holler! Or now that you're in Boston, you'll have to call or email.

Many, many people holding you in their thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Hey there, Ann:
I'm so glad that you have this blog. Thanks for keeping us updated in your one-of-a-kind way. We know folks in the Boston area & are happy to check into options if you want us to. If so, let us know more details & we'll see how we may be able to help. SO glad you can see the River Chuck from your room in all of it's glory. Take care, Anne & Sita