Saturday, March 27, 2010

New room with a Lew

Am very happy to report I was moved to a new room on the 21st floor last night. It's a single, which makes it so much nicer for everyone. My latest roommate had some sort of infection, which was a worry for yours truly as my white blood cells are down right now. My new floor is dedicated to chemo for folks like me, too, so it's the place to be for many reasons.


Dear Lew arrived at the hospital around 8 this morning and as I neglected to tell him that I had been moved (am just puzzled by my behavior in this matter), he went to my old room, perhaps giving the current resident a fright.


In a word: Oops. (Hard to imagine Lew really scaring anyone, though, isn't it?)

This morning's first order of business was a scan of my abdomen, which required me to fast from midnight on (not one of my favorite things). Lew came along for the trip, which was comforting, and I hope we'll hear something of a report eventually. (Nothing was forthcoming in real time, naturally--there are channels to follow and so forth and so on.) Another "to do" today is the addition of something called a PIC line, a more extensive than usual blood access and chemo line. If it means I hear "now you'll feel a little pinch" less often in the middle-of-the-night, that works for me!


But my favorite event today was getting tidied up a bit--including wearing actual, factual underwear.

Yes, this qualifies as a big day--woo!

Now I just got a call from Jennifer and Scott, who are approaching the building to visit. Will report more later--xo from the 21st floor, A

2 comments:

Keitheley said...

Hello, lovegirl. Actual, factual underwear. Hallelujah! (It was clean, right?)

I am just bursting to see you and speak with you. I think of you everyday with lots of love.

I miss you and will try another trip there soon if you end up still staying there awhile. Thank goodness you have a room all to yourself and with you very own lew. And the view? Good?

I am sending you a big hug, a fat kiss, and more love -

Keitheley

Anne Pratt said...

Oh, it's too bad you are not coming home. However, if you must stay there, a PIC line is a very good thing. My sister got one when she was sick and it saved all kinds of misery.

I am joining the church tomorrow! We will all be thinking of you.