Sunday, March 14, 2010

Taken care of and then some

The weather outside is frightful, but in my little hotel it's been delightful. Have been absolutely catered to by Val and Joan all day, and they just left for home a little while ago after making me promise to do a number of things (take a cab to the clinic if it's still raining tomorrow, call someone if my swelling gets worse, etc., etc.). That this list of things to do was coordinated with Karen and Sky should surprise no one who knows who's in charge of things here.

It certainly isn't yours truly!

Breakfast was one half of the mutant bagels they brought, along with some fruit and yogurt I had on hand. Lunch was pizza and salad from the Upper Crust (great thin crust!), followed by ice cream. Heaven. Have a ridiculous array of leftovers from which to choose from for supper, so there one could say that my steroids will be appeased for the balance of the day (and then some).

Val and Joan even picked up a Sunday New York Times for yours truly, which makes my Sunday complete.

They also showed me slides from their trip to Morocco last year, which was a nice stroll down memory lane (RPCV-Maroc, 1986-1988) for me. Might even add Morocco to my growing list of places to visit (aka "Bucket List," but I'm hoping that bucket moves away from me as time and treatment go on).

Tonight I'm just taking it easy, which of course is about all I'm up for, so it all works out. Plus, it is dismal, dreary and otherwise almost too damp for ducks out there, so I am just staying put (something I also promised Val/Joan/Karen/Sky I'd do).

Just found myself a Sandra Bullock film, so I'm set--hope all's well for you, too. Love, Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ann, Kenley and I are thinking of you. Actually went to Haydenville Congo yesterday, so heard you were in Boston & found your blog. We know your territory well, and it's a good neighborhood to be stuck in. Figs' fig & proccuito pizza's the best & Deluca's is a gem. So glad you've had such fine company, and we hope MG is treating you gently and kindly. You're in our thoughts and prayers. L & K