Monday, March 29, 2010

Hope and off the reservation food!

News abounds--the abdominal scan didn't show anything, my labs continue to "trend well" and after I receive another chemo on Wednesday, I may find myself heading home for a week off.

But there are concerns about my liver and other bits that may keep me here, so I'm not banking on it.

(But wouldn't it be nice?)

On another good news front, friend Barbara arrived around noon and we've been having a good afternoon of conversation and commiseration. She's now off getting me some food from the cafeteria, since I was given the green light to have something else to eat by not one, but two doctors today. Have decided that it's a good sign that I am tired of the variations on a chicken theme offered to inmates--when I was really feeling lousy, I didn't really care.

But now I do--and here's my food, so off I must go (hooray!).

3 comments:

Pat Basche said...

Eat! Be a Podolske! I'm keeping up with your blog and thinking of you every day. Wishing you are able to get home SOON. Hugs and Snugs from Pat, John, Max, and Jenny

Val and Joan's travels said...

I sure hope all signs point to a visit home...but if not, just remember they took good care of you at MGH. And hooray for cafeteria food (which isn't bad, by the way)!

Val

Unknown said...

Looks like you are turning the corner. Great news.