Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Does this work for you?

The aforementioned auto dealer who put the wrong-sized tire on my car responded to my letter of complaint yesterday with an apology, a coupon for a free oil change, and four coupons for a free car wash.

Pretty good save, but still not satisfying. Problem is, the letter came from the guy who sold me the car (whom I have no problem with), not his brother, the service manager who so thoroughly fouled up the tire repair in the first place.

And the coupon was signed by a female relative, which leads me to wonder: Does this family protect its own, or what?

Unfortunately, they're not letting "their own" clean up their own messes, which, in my view, means such messes will continue unabated.

Am I being a Codependent No More hardass about this, or is this a legitimate concern? I know my subconscious isn't appeased, for I dreamt last night that I brought my car in to the dealer for a repair and they forgot to put the ceiling panel back in--so no, I'm not buying their apology, that much is plain. But still, I'm wondering if this is an example of:

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me," OR "Everyone deserves a second chance."

Or?

I think I'm still going elsewhere with my car.

On other fronts, I have a shot at another temp gig, and while it might be dull as ditchwater, it would be money coming in instead of just out--and that's the way I like it.

Haven't asked the Magic 8 about it yet, however. We shall see....

No comments: