Saturday, July 30, 2005

That went well...didn't it?

Overall, I think my interview yesterday went well, but it was one of those intense experiences that resists recollection, if you know what I mean. What I remember: Both of my interviewers seemed good, solid, decent people--which matters a lot--who are just being very, very careful as to who they bring into their company fold.

I get that, really and truly I do--when a company is as small as this one is, it can't afford deadwood. That comes later, when the organization is HUGE.

(Am I a little jaded after my decade-plus of covering corporate America? Well, yes, come to think of it, I am....)

I also have another little bit of work to do for them on Monday, which I hope will help my cause. It seems like a very good job that would actually entail using my brain on a regular basis for decent pay. The fact that it would also be a work-at-home job means a lot, too (especially after driving home in the thick of rush hour traffic yesterday....what misery!). They have one more candidate they need to interview, and then they'll make their decision. Here's hoping!

The best part is if they hire me, I won't have to worry about them finding out I'm gay--they know, people, they know. If my look isn't "clue" enough, the fact that they asked for an explanation of The Amazonian and I gave it to them is--and I looked carefully, and didn't see either person flinch when I said "lesbian," so at least that's out there. If it puts a kabosh on the deal, so be it. Their loss.

It's hanging over my head today that Tuesday I get my root canal repaired. It occured to me yesterday that not only am I at the age where one has root canals, I am at the age where one has root canals REDONE. This does not qualify as progress.

But tonight I have a show at The Comedy Studio, and that's today's focus. Have finally figured out exactly what will fit the 5-7 minute timeframe, so I'm ready. Am really looking forward to it, even if there's a tiny tremble of anxiety attached. Ah, what's life without a few tiny trembles? BORING, that's what.

No comments: