Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Turn the beat around....

Yesterday was all over the map, but mostly in the good parts. I did another freelance gig, but felt at sea for most of it--happily, the person in charge is an understanding sort, and sent me even more work to do today. In a word: Yay!

Secondly, I heard from a new GLBT magazine in Arizona that yes, indeed, they want me to write a humor column. Am hoping I can write funny enough for these folks, for they seem determined to do something great--and I'm all for that, especially where "family" is concerned. We deserve nothing less. And they're going to pay. Not a lot, mind you, but certainly more than I made in a year writing for the ill-fated Amazonian.

Third, I heard from someone in my alumni association who promised to forward my "Bucky's Not a Bigot!" design to the head of the outfit--the Big Cheese, if you will (sorry, that really was uncalled for, wasn't it?). I don't know what, if anything, will come of this, but it is gratifying that someone felt it was worth passing on to the Powers That Be.

And lastly, my Shwea is a pup with a new lease on life--she's so happy to be mobile again, she's practically laughing.

Happiness for everybody!

Now--and it comforts me to write this--I must get back to work.

No comments: