Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My luck, she is holding....

This has been a bad news/bad news kind of day, which, come to think of it, is, as my dear friend Ed was once fond of saying, "Par for the course in my rotten life."

That said, Shwea is now without bandage, and that is good news for everyone in this house, anyway. Not to mention the mutt in question, who has a new lease on life.

Of course, she hasn't started her diet yet, so this new lease may expire at any time. She's a good 10 pounds overweight, her hips bother her on occasion, and so on and so forth, so we should do this for her, and I bought some pricey diet dog food from the vet today, so we likely will.

That I, too, could stand to lose about 10 pounds is another story altogether, and one I am not about to address while unemployed, okay? THERE IS ENOUGH STRESS HERE ALREADY, okay?

Otherwise, I applied for a job before we went to the vet and was summarily rejected by the time I got home. Well, at least they didn't keep me hangin', but jeez. That was fast.

And I'm in the process of taking the editing/writing test for the job I'm telling nobody (except Linda) about, and I gotta tell you, writing about the metals, it makes a girl want to put her head down on her desk.

But then, I want to put my head down on my desk a lot of days, particularly overcast ones, so perhaps I shouldn't hold the metals accountable?

Must go have some lunch and tackle the rest of the test, then send it off, secure in the belief that all things being equal, I don't stand a snowball's chance....

Or so recent history would suggest.

And no, there's been no word regarding the temp job, but let's not read too much into that (and the Magic 8 said it was possible, or something to that effect).

We shall see....


No comments: