Sunday, July 10, 2005

Oh my....

Didn't realize it at the time, but when I spoke to the father-and-son Jehovah's Witness team yesterday, not only was I wearing pink boxer shorts, I also was wearing a t-shirt that said, "You call me Dyke like that's a bad thing."

Oh well, I've always believed in truth in advertising....

Elsewise, we had a lovely dinner with friends in our house last night, perhaps the first such dinner in eons. Or at least months. It went so well, I'm hoping this means we will be doing it again, and soon.

Must go brave the mall--it appears I need to buy a DVD burner, and CompUSA is the place to buy it (it's the only computer store on the BuyBlue site, which I consult before every major purchase).

Am feeling up to this daunting task (I'm no shopper), for Linda and I just fixed the wood gate on the side of the house that has been irritating us for almost as long as we've owned said fence--and it took mere minutes! And absolutely no hurt feelings or unkind words were involved, either.

If we had known it was going to be that easy/painless, I think we would have tackled it sooner. Because no matter how much we love each other, we both get our testy on when doing home improvement jobs. Don't know why, but it's a pattern, and one that we didn't repeat today, oh happy day.

No comments: