Monday, February 28, 2005

(Almost completely) powerless over the Oscars

So today I'm tired, having gone to bed just before midnight and dragging my carcass out of said bed around 6:30 a.m. (first alarm was at 5:30--yes, it was a abuse-the-snooze bar kind of morning). Was disappointed with Chris Rock's performance, but maybe my expectations were too high (he can be absolutely marvelous) and/or the Academy reined him in more than anyone could have imagined possible. He looked all shiny and beautiful though, that I cannot deny.

And a friend of mine found him hilarious, so what do I know?

One thing: We didn't watch all of the Oscars, switching at 10 o'clock to "The L Word." It was the usual mixed bag (oh yes, the best cure for a broken heart is definitely a lap dance--just ask any mental health care professional you know) and Jenny's character got way too much air time (when are the writers going to pull her out of the show before we get bored any more than we already are?), but Linda and I will not miss it for anything.
Anyway, the Oscars went late and I'm running on high octane coffee, so I should shaddup already. We have another blizzard coming, so I should get some work done before I have to rustle up the snow throw.....

No comments: