Monday, February 14, 2005

Tired, but happy

What do you know--last night's show at Jimmy Tingle's Off Broadway (in Somerville) went very, very well. Whew! Both Jennifer and I had great sets. I would rather say Jennifer "killed" and I did "okay," but she would likely reprimand me for my shameless lack of self-promotion skills, so please pardon my boast. (A Midwestern temperament reined in by a Catholic/Presbyterian upbringing is not the best match for the performing arts, but I'm trying to rise above. Really.)

Even met Mr. Tingle (that is so fun to write), who seems a genuinely nice guy. He has a very comfortable and clean performance space and treated us beautifully. Plus, despite what I've heard about how cold and competitive Boston comics are, the other comics were all extremely welcoming and supportive. Here's hoping we get invited back--and soon!

The only down side to last night was the drive. Find one's way around Boston is not for the faint of heart--most of the streets appear to prefer anonymity (i.e., they're unblemished by street signs), and the people who do know where they are going drive as though they're all alone in the universe. And it was late (for me) by the time I got home--slipped into bed just before Midnight. I used to be able to run on five hours' sleep, but methinks those days are behind me.

Thank goddess for coffee.

Well, must get back to work, but I did want to check in--shows like last night's make my day. Heck, they make my week!

No comments: