Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Things are looking up....Watch out!

I am a cynical soul on a good day, but today strikes me as one in which I've turned a corner. The mean uglies have lifted, and I even had some "comic" thoughts while walking the dogs today. (The last few days have been unfunny in the extreme, so this is a good sign.) And I didn't even run out and buy more St. John's wort. Perhaps it was the 10,000 meters on the rower, perhaps it was the new shoes, perhaps it was writing PBS and telling them what I thought of them (for dropping Buster the bunny like a hot potato), perhaps my hormones have finally decided they've wreaked enough havoc for one cycle, perhaps it's the glorious sunshine--whatever the cause, I'm feeling all upbeat and what-all.

This, too, shall pass.

Tonight is the State of the Union speech from That Man, and Linda and I are going to go to the movies instead of listening to that lying sack o' smirk. Others may have the stomach to hear That Man's plans to dismantle Social Security, charge up another gazillion dollars to keep our troops in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan, reduce what little company-paid health insurance there is, and to end safe and legal abortion, but I sure as heck don't. Instead, we're going to see "Hotel Rwanda," which my boss calls one of those movies you don't necessarily want to see, but that you have to see, if you want to keep your status as a liberal Democrat.

So it'll be good for us. And I always enjoy Don Cheadle--he's been one of my favorites since he was on that wacky "Picket Fences." They don't make 'em like that anymore.....

No comments: