Saturday, February 19, 2005

A weekend without painting--my heart be still

Though I am my father's daughter (and have the big bones and dimples to prove it), I am not a painter-in-waiting. The fact that I have nothing whatsoever to paint this weekend is a wonderful thing, and I am grateful as all get-out (whatever that means).

Am spending this weekend trying to get my office in order (the paper fairy has been running amok for months) and perhaps getting a start on putting my financial house in order for my tax preparer (the poor, long-suffering soul).

Being self-employed has tremendous perks, but tax season and quarterly tax payments are not among them. But, collecting and copying and tallying all of my receipts for the past year is a small price to pay for the freedom to set my own schedule, work in comfortable clothes and shoes, watch "Charlie Rose" at lunch time, and have dogs as office mates.

Plus, once I do all of this tidying up and organizing, I have "The L Word" to look forward to--if that's not a reward for a job well done, I don't know what is!

No comments: