Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Well, heck!

Was feeling all happy because I managed to get my new PC up and running on the Internet and all, then I tried to enter a post and some new-fangled pop-up blocker messed up my attempt to spellcheck a new post. In fact, it deleted the whole thing!

I know the software is there to help, but when it completely destroys something you're trying to create, it's lost its sense of purpose. Okay, it's a bit of software, some code, so it doesn't really have a sense of purpose--but didn't the person who wrote the damn thing do it for a reason? Or am I on yet another meaningless rant and it's time to shaddup already.

Sorry. This new PC is a thing o' beauty, but the installation of all my stuff is giving me the willies. The dogs, codependent creatures that they are, have caught my nerves, too, and have been barking at anything that moves in the front of the house. Thank goddess we don't live on a busy street, that's all I can say.

But, I did get the Internet going, so shouldn't miss any new bidness that comes my way. Now, I get to go to the dump, lucky me, though I must admit I always feel as though I really accomplished something when I go there--yes, I have very, very low expectations for my days, yes indeed.

Tomorrow night is the benefit in town--no long drives, no "Where do I turn?" "Where do I park?" anxieties for a change. Hope some of my peeps show, but I know Linda and I are meeting a friend for dinner before, and they have really good pie, so I don't really care. (Pie is almost as good as ice cream for helping one deal with disappointment--really!).

No comments: