Friday, March 18, 2005

What's with all the freakin' taxes?!

My goddess, now I owe a heavy debt to the dog licensing people. I completely spaced getting my dear dogs' licenses last year (I don't remember what was going on last spring, but it must have been distracting), so now, if I renew their licenses for this year, I have to pay a fine--$60 per pooch! Thank goddess we only have two.

Of course, I'm considering not renewing--go ahead, say it: "Bad citizen! Bad dog owner!"

I'll renew, don't worry. Haven't I made it clear that I am law-abiding to a ridiculous degree (except regarding renewing dog licenses, apparently)? And if anything ever happened and they tried to take my beasties away for being undocumented canines, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Odds are good Linda wouldn't be able to live with me, either.

Good grief--made the mistake of telling Linda about this, and she's suggesting all sorts of actions that are completely contrary to my character. Jesuit priest! You'd think she'd figure me out by now.

What a lovely way to start the day, eh?

Misunderstood and $120 poorer. Gotta love this living business!

No comments: