Friday, March 25, 2005

Bloated and hungover

That, apparently, is how I regularly appeared on the job many years ago (the very early '90s), according to my friend and colleague Hilary.

Yup, she knew me when, and we're still friends. It's quite wonderful to have a friend long enough to see you through some major life changes. Though, I must admit, I sometimes forget my "bloated and hungover" days, so it's a shock when someone recalls them for me.

Guess I was due for a friendly reminder.

On other humbling fronts, Hilary and I had a lengthy discussion about (in no particular order): Weight Watchers, exercise (for Weight Watchers' points), crockpots, and retirement savings (or the lack thereof).

We were chatting along, when suddenly Hilary cried out: "Oh my God, we are so MIDDLE-AGED!"

Oh dear. So we are.

This isn't news, of course (accepting my middle-aged status has been an ongoing struggle), but I guess it was time for another dose of cruel, hard reality.

So, it's a day of recollection and reckoning. Woo.

Tomorrow, Linda and I get our haircuts (our hairs' cut?). Things are looking up!

No comments: