Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Juvenile, but effective

I think living under the quiet siege that is illness is getting to me. Linda's home again today, sleeping the sleep of the sick, and I think trying to keep quiet and not disturb her sleep is making me a little cranky.

Okay, a lot cranky. And another day of rain/drizzle isn't helping matters.

I've become so cranky, in fact, that I found myself giving someone The Finger on the drive to Stop & Shop. Now, this person did pull right out in front of my car (containing me and my two darling dogs) as though we weren't there (and nobody could say they didn't see my Big Red coming--they'd be laughed out of court if they did), so she was out of line, but--The Finger?!

How old am I, for crying out loud? Worse still, before this incident, I spent my breakfast reading about meditation and the power of maintaining one's contact with God/Higher Power/whatever works for you, and as a result, engaged in a walking meditation while out with the beasties to improve said contact. When I wasn't trying to keep from falling on my keister, that is (still a lot of ice out there despite days of rain, I'm sorry to report).

Yeah, that meditation sure did the trick, eh? Or else this morning's episode signals I was so far removed from Him/Her/It, giving The Finger was a more moderate response than what I might have come up with had I not tapped in this a.m.

Horrors!

If that weren't humbling enough, I cursed at the automated checkout at Stop & Shop. It kept saying that the bagging area was full, as if I gave a rat's ass whether the bagging area were sated or not.

The Finger and cursing inanimate objects--no, this is not a high holy day for yours truly, not in the least....

No comments: