Monday, March 07, 2005

Tax(ing) season

I am thisclose to finishing my tax prep for the year, and that's a wonderful thing. There are few things I find more enervating than tallying up long rows of numbers on my old-fashioned calculator with the curly, yellowing tape (I don't have many occasions to tally long rows of numbers, I'm pleased to report). Am getting this done earlier this year than last, largely because I want to know what my tax debt/rebate scenario is, so I can forge ahead on the car front or cool my car-coveting jets.

Saw the Pacifica, a car my brother wants me to look at, in a parking lot this weekend--it's HUGE. Dunno if I see myself in anything that enormous, but I probably should check it out for the sake of comparison.

Am also thinking about looking at the Toyota Matrix, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the zip or features of the car that has won my heart, the Magnum RT. But it would get much better mileage and wouldn't be such an obvious midlife crisis car. We shall see....

Last night's "L Word" was the occasional hoot, though as usual, entirely too much time was spent on Jenny the Annoying. Linda's theory is that her story is based on that of one of the show's creators, hence the need to drag her into every episode. What a bore! And if Alice and Dana don't get together soon, I'm going to start having "Claire of the Moon" flashbacks. (The writers are dragging their hookup out beyond all reason, for those lucky souls unfamiliar with the torture that was COTM.)

Mayhaps the writers are setting us up for a lesbian version of the wedding scene in "The Graduate." Just a hunch, but that's today's theory.

Lastly, I think I'm going to take a break from the nice woman in town I see every other Wednesday. Realized we meet this week, and was bored at the prospect ("What are we going to talk about?!"). Hope I'm not in denial about something major (always a possibility with this recovering alcoholic/Catholic gal), but I think it's a good time for a breather. We shall see.....

No comments: