Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Getting things off my chest

My car dealer sent me a customer service questionnaire, and I guess I let them have it.

While taking my share of the blame, of course.

I did leave the dealership with mixed emotions--thrilled by the car, but with the nagging feeling I had just paid more than I should have for a car that didn't meet every need on my list.

What's missing, you may rightly ask, from a very powerful car with electronic everything, AWD, side curtain airbags, Sirius radio, heated seats, power sunroof, and a host of fabulous features too numerous to mention?

A roof rack, is all. And while one of the sales guys said I could get one from Yakima or Thule, they don't make them for Magnums yet. So, I feel a little misinformed.

And the financing wasn't ideal, but the finance guy said I would be able to refinance after three payments. We shall see.

I pointed this out to the dealer viz the survey, but concluded it was really my fault--caveat emptor and all that--but couldn't help concluding: "Wouldn't it be nice if one didn't have to approach a car purchase with the consumer equivalent of a chair and a whip?"

Sigh. I have serious shortcomings in the "chair" and "whip" categories, as I've already noted. The good news? Goddess willing, I won't have to deal with a car purchase for a very, very long time....

On other fronts, went over to "The L Word" Web site to see what the community is saying about the show, and was amazed at the level of discourse. These are my people? I don't think so!

But in the interest of compassion for my fellow human beings, I've decided they must be young--or at least that's what I'm hoping--for it's hard to imagine anyone with any real life experience coming to the conclusions found in the discussion forum. Unless they're still drinking/drugging/what-all--then, all bets are off. When you're shit-faced, experience can't teach you shit. (My, aren't I waxing eloquent today?)

Whew! Now I feel better. Time to go proof a 180-page mss on hiring lawyers--don't envy me my gala existence, please.

No comments: