Friday, December 02, 2005

Not for lack of trying....

Have been pounding the pavement, exploring every avenue, knocking on doors--you name it--to get myself some sort of income. Yesterday, I had a really good interview with an organization that has a terrific job, but that pays the sorts of money that would make my cat bark.

If my other position doesn't go anywhere, that would be fine. However, recent events suggest that my other position may be going the way of the eight-track.

Even so, the opportunity is so great, I would take the job in a heartbeat. Yes, it's that cool of a job.

Knowing that a good interview doesn't guarantee anything, however, I applied this morning to another temp agency, and then, as I was already in my corporate drag, I stopped by yet another place for temp work. Get this: They require three letters of reference, so this is application is going to take a while longer to get going.

Yes, three letters of reference SO I CAN FILE for them. Don't get me started.

The upside is I was in the neighborhood, so I quickly swung by the old schools department, and snagged my three references on the spot. Plus, I got to say hi to some of my favorite peeps, and that's always a good thing.

Now I must get my "Thank you" letters in order, then get my car to the shop for its oil change and what-all (I'm overdue, I'm embarrassed to report).

Gotta say, though, is I made the mistake of reading over some comments on Sheryl Swoope's coming out, and there was the usual HOMOPHOBIC puddin'head comparison of people like me (gays and lesbians) to murderers, thieves, and rapists. Oh--and using the Bible as backup to their slander.

Nothin' like using the Bible to do your dirty work for you! Wouldn't Jesus be proud?

I understand that fear is at the root of this and most other forms of bigotry, but I am getting so tired of people who seem to get a tremendous sense of self-worth from the accident of their sexuality. It's rather like being proud of being Caucasian or tall.

Pathetic, no? Well, I think so, and as this is my blog, that's all that matters.

No comments: