Friday, December 09, 2005

Happiness is a good show

Last night's benefit for Jessie's House did not have the attendance of last year's (I blame the bitter cold), but it was a good show nonetheless. A lot of variety in the comics, and the audience was receptive to just about everything I brought to the show.

One audience member even came up to me afterwards to thank me for my Pres. Bush material (another comic riffed on the Clintons, for heaven's sake--Hello: 2005 calling!--so I was glad to update the proceedings, even if it means acknowledging the existence of THAT MAN).

Am still stewing over the bloody homophobes who are doing their damndest to take away rights from people like me all over the country, but in the scheme of human events, they won't really do a thing to me unless I let them. And, I must admit, I was a little chastened by a woman I spoke to last night who was angry at the "Christians" who got all worked up about Pres. Bush not saying "Merry Christmas" in his holiday card but who say nothing--nothing at all--about all of the children who are not going to have a home of their own this holiday season.

Yes, the GLBT set is not the only strata of society that is being trod upon by the "Christians" and the regressive right that's running the show these days. Word of new tax cuts for the wealthy were on the radio just this morning--along with news of cuts in Medicare, childcare assistance, and a host of programs that help the poor.

Jesus wept--and odds are, He's still soaking his pillow, thanks to these hypocritical so-n-sos......

No comments: