Monday, December 05, 2005

How I'll know it's serious....

Have been having a time lately, and while it has meant I've been uncharacteristically snippy and otherwise out of sorts, it hasn't been enough to make me think I'm in real peril.

That day may come, but it's not here yet.

For as long as David Bowie's "Suffragette City" gets my Midwestern groove on, I know I'll be okay.

In other words: When Bowie can't get this gal dancing, then she's in trouble.

On other fronts, I found five compelling job prospects over the weekend, and they have all been e-mailed or faxed or whatever was appropriate. We are well over the "100 Prospective Employers Served" milestone by now, and good golly something's got to give.

And please, goddess, don't let it be my retirement savings.

As for other news, found out that my favorite music shop in wonderful downtown Northampton, B-Side Records, is closing. Seems that business was down (MP3s and internet shopping, I'm guessing) and rent was WAY up (how unusual), so there was little else to do. It's a marvelous shop with great people and they have a lot of CDs, DVDs, vinyl, stickers, and absolute kitsch still for sale (can you say "SpongeBob Squarepants traffic light"?). If you need/want anything of this sort--or know anyone who does, head on over!

No comments: