Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hope springs eternal, doncha know....



Isn't this a thing o' beauty? Why didn't I think of it?! You can get your own here.

On other news, I submitted a counter-offer to the non-profit and await word. As the youngest member of my Midwestern (largely) Catholic family and a female to boot, I am not what one would call assertive. (How's that for understatement, those who know me?)

In fact, being assertive in any way, shape, or form tends to make me nervous, so I'm doing my best cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof imitation right now.

That doesn't quite work, does it? What's a cold weather equivalent? Can't think of a one.

Wonder why: When it's seven degrees below zero, are nerves the least of one's worries? Could be.

I'm trying to be calm, and besides--I got the nicest three reference letters in the mail today. How nice? If my mother were alive, I'd send her copies of them all. And I got a little more editing work, so I have decided that come what may, I'll be okay.

(You nurture your delusions, I'll nurture mine.)

No comments: