Monday, December 19, 2005

Amusing, or easily amused?

Got sidetracked from today's ambitious agenda by a distraction or two, the most time-consuming courtesy of my one-third employer. When discussing the latest fiasco with my supervisor at said place of bidness, I somehow found myself referring to our problem as the "Quagmire du jour."

Does that work for you? I rather like it, but then, between not having had enough sleep (we slept on our guest bed last night, and that meant sharing a much smaller-than-usual space with the bedhog of all bedhogs, our lab mix Shwea) and inhaling paint fumes for a while last night, I'm a little punchy.
Quagmire du jour.

Whattaya think?

Today, I was going to: Finish a job for said one-third employer, put another coat of paint on the bedroom, then put the finishing touches on a grants proposal.

What I did: Began work on the aforementioned job for said one-third employer, spoke with a contractor who apparently missed the memo about calling people before coming over (but then, every contractor missed that memo), finished work on the aforementioned job, fielded two clarifying calls regarding the job, scheduled an "appointment" for tomorrow, and then, finally, addressed the quagmire du jour for my one-third employer.

Oh, there was another job tossed to me in there, too. And the animals were carrying on something fierce for about an hour this afternoon, for I am trying to push their feeding schedule later and later in the day, so they will be on the proper schedule once I begin working outside the home in January.

That's the idea, anyway. So far, they're not acclimating. They're P.O.'d.

As to my agenda: The job? Done. The proposal? Tomorrow. The coat of paint? Tomorrow.

Yes, two of the three things on my "to do" list didn't get done.

Ah, Mondays.


No comments: