Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm going to miss the Old Gang....



By this time next week, I will be working away from home. In an office. With people. It will represent a major change of pace for me, as I have been working at home. "Alone." For over nine years now.

My coworkers, such as they are, have been the animals in these photos. First Oatmeal and dear, departed Butler the cats, then Shwea the lab mix, and then, Linus, the shepherd mix. Butler's no longer in the picture, but as you can see, there's more than enough animal companionship around here to compensate for his departure.

I have enjoyed my time with all of them, but for the dogs crazed barking twice a day (for the postman and the paper boy). And the cats insistence that it's five o'clock (feeding time) somewhere, which usually starts around 1:30 in the afternoon. While I thought Butler was behind the begging, apparently Oatmeal is quite capable of whining without any prodding at all. Harrumph.

Doubt that my human coworkers will do anything remotely along those lines. Of course, one never knows, does one?

No comments: