Wednesday, December 07, 2005

That's better!

Had a pretty good set last night at PACE, considering all my material was new. Looks like my mutterings on cats and the president were most well-received, followed by the yak incident.

Hard not to laugh at a word like yak. And it does get the brain working. Right after my set, Jennifer came up with "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a yak." Fabulous. When I got Linda home (yippee!) and we got around to talking about my set, she had another inspiration: "There's always room for yak."

This could keep me going for months, if not years. (You think I'm kidding?)

Not only is Linda home, but late yesterday afternoon I heard that two of my references had been contacted for that cool (if low-paying) job I have my eye on. The fact that Linda is home has also made the herd much happier (they get nervous when their human population dips 50%). The fact that I am in the running for a real, live job that from all appearances would be a tremendous opportunity doesn't hurt the overall mood around here, either.

So yes, things are looking up--and I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

No comments: