Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cleaning day blues....

Yup, I've got the cleaning day blues. Had every intention of getting up with the fishes to clean our house, but then last night I got sick (please goddess let it not be psychosomatic), and it took several antacids last night and several ibuprofen this morning to get myself feeling humanoid.

What a wuss! When I was a drinking gal, headaches and nausea were part and parcel of my everyday life. Now, when I have a headache and nausea, I think I'm going to die.

So does Linda. She kept saying, "You know, a lot of bad things start out with 'flu-like symptoms.'"

Thanks, Sweetie!

No, I understand her concern--a coworker's husband dropped dead over the holiday weekend. To make matters worse, he was in his early 50s.

That's young when you get to our neck of the aging woods, let me tell you (especially to Linda, who is 55).

Otherwise, I got news of my getting a spot in a GLBT comedy show on--get this--Long Island. It's a schlep, to put it mildly, but it is Linda's old stamping grounds (and she has suggested she may come along), and it's a chance to perform with a bunch of queer comics, hopefully for other queers. Oh, and it's paid. That's a wonderful combination, really and truly.

And tomorrow I have a job interview--yes, a real, live job interview. With a human being. In person!

What a rare and wonderful thing.

No comments: