Friday, November 25, 2005

We're on a road to nowhere....

Heard from the comedy group/troupe, and from what I can discern, it's not going to amount to much of anything in the way of work any time soon.

So much for that avenue--it's not closed, but it appears to be under construction. It's a great idea, but not one whose time has come where I'm concerned. Disappointing, but good to know. Time to hang my hopes somewhere else. If time and finances were on my side, I could hang in with this concept a while longer, but sadly, I am in a situation that demands action, and soon. Am guessing that by the time there's space for me in this venture, I'll probably be unable to take it. Oh well....

Onward and upward and so forth and so on. Thanks to the latest news from the apparently sinking ship that is my sole source of regular income, it appears things will be getting even more dire around here, so I have to redouble my job hunting efforts. What that will look like, I don't know.

It was pretty vigorous already, but maybe it's time to rethink my approach. Like instead of looking for "the" job, let's just go for "any" job. That's what I'm talking about. Woo!

A plump little chickadee just hopped on a branch outside my office window--a good sign, I hope. (If it isn't, don't tell me, okay?)

All is not doom, gloom and financial insecurity, however. We had a delightful dinner at the Blue Heron yesterday. Everything was delicious, and the portions were just right--okay, a little too much, but t'is the season, no?

Speaking of the season, woke to a LOT of snow yesterday--so much, I heard myself say, "Holy cow!"

That is an expression from the Wisconsin archives, as you can imagine, so that should indicate how much snow there was. Not that I'm complaining: We were thoroughly into the drab post-leaf-peep part of fall, so this blanket of snow is a welcome addition to the scene (even if I did have to figure out how to start the snow throw all over again). And our friends at the DPW (Dept. of Public Shirks around here) did their usual "Let's wait until everyone has cleared their driveways before we pass through with the snowplows" bit, bless their hearts.

Winter has arrived in New England.

No comments: