Friday, November 04, 2005

Remind me....

...never to become a full-time proofreader. I read four chapters of a mss today, and my eyes are killing me. "How dry I am" is their current theme song, poor, poor peepers. Had all these ambitious plans for today, but this job sucked up the entire day. (Well, this job and five loads of laundry, actually--that's Ms. Multitasker to you!)

Am about to send an 86-page fax of corrections to the publisher, but needed a little break before I tucked into that task--since my elderly fax machine only allows me to feed in one page at a time, I will be busy for, say, the next hour-and-a-half.

Oy.

Maybe it's time for a little supper, then on to the fax.

Pardon the compelling commentary--that's enough about W-O-R-K, the four-letter-word to end all four-latter words (only bested by the dreaded O-U-T-O-F-W-O-R-K).

Had a good set at PACE last night, not stellar or anything, but my mutterings about Sheryl Swoopes seemed to go over well. Thought of another bumpersticker on the "A homophobe is a homo waiting to happen" theme: "Scratch a homophobe, find a homo."

Kinda catchy, eh? Linda is of the opinion that people laugh just because I say the word "homo," but I like to think there's more to it.

I'd like to think there's more to everything I do, however, so perhaps I should just enjoy the laughs and move on....

Have a little over a day before I leave for my grant writing seminar, so I feel a little pre-trip panic coming on--will try to check in before I flee, but if I don't, I'll be back soon.

I know, I know--you're handlin' it.

No comments: