Sunday, November 27, 2005

It occurred to me....

Was thinking about my job situation, and I realized that I have the sort of experience that today's employers hate. No, not my nearly 20 years of writing and editing experience, though glory knows that and $3.50 will get you a nice latte, but experience of another sort: My nearly 20 years of experience getting benefits.

Today's employers want people who don't think that benefits are part of the deal--better yet, they seek people who are genuinely surprised when they get paid for what they do on the employer's behalf.

That's today's ideal candidate--and that sure as heck isn't me!

My mood is still on the gloomy side, don't you know, but we did see "Capote" yesterday afternoon, and that was wonderful. A study of a man who could be incredibly charming and chillingly soulless--sometimes in the span of a few moments. A MUST!

No comments: