Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Getting my gratitude on....

Well, as I'm still semi/under-employed, just had a cat put down, have still heard no word regarding what seemed like a tremendously promising comic opportunity, and am otherwise not having the best possible time of my no-longer-young life, one might think that putting together my Thanksgiving gratitude list poses quite a challenge this year.

Well, one would be wrong. Can't really explain it, but it's not much of a challenge at all.

For one thing, I have long put together gratitude lists when I had much less to be grateful for--like when I was first getting sober, and my main thoughts were along the lines of, "I'm a DRUNK and a LESBIAN?! What sort of SICK COMIC JOKE is this?!!!"

Then, I had to settle for gratitude lists along the lines of: "I'm alive, I'm sober, I'm (sort of) healthy. And I'm no longer a fag hag, I guess."

Woo!

But today, I have a lot more to be thankful for, full-time work or no full-time work. I'll spare you the details, but my list includes my Higher Power/spirituality, my family of choice, (most of) my family of origin, my friends, my health, The Comedy, and last, but not least, my prospects.

Not bad, not bad at all--especially as that is but a partial list.

And while we're on the subject, I have appreciated the many condolences that have been sent our way from friends of Butler and folks who never even met him. We even got a card today from the vet who put the old guy down--how sweet is that?!

Very, in case you're wondering.

Well, I must attempt to finish up some work so I can forget all about it for the next four days--all I have ahead of me is turkey and napping and the Macy's Parade and a whole lotta unstructured time. Woo x 2!



No comments: