Saturday, April 17, 2010

Val and Joan to the rescue!

Val and Joan arrived from NYC this afternoon with one mission: To help me get the paperwork strewn across my home in order, specifically for tax purposes.

Well, it's almost 6 o'clock in the evening, and they've done an impressive job so far. I can see my wood desk in my office, for one thing! (Thanks, Val.) Plus, Joan has pieced together many things that need to go with my taxes that I had no idea needed to go with my taxes. (Thanks to you, too.)

They also came bearing root beer, which was very cute of them (they can't help it), and insisted I nap when I hit a wall (seems just thinking about my finances puts me to sleep).

Which led to my being woken up for a phone call--it was from the hospital, so they thought it warranted waking me up. You know who it was? The dermatologist who woke me up in the middle of the night to take my picture that time! We actually had a good laugh about it, and he told me that what is happening with my skin (you don't want to know) is normal. Okay, then.

Lest I forget, Val has also taken on some of my laundry, which has piled up to ridiculous proportions in the basement. I have enough clean underwear for the rest of the year, but no sheets or blankies, and she's addressing that, bless her.

Ain't friends grand? That includes the two dears from church who are giving Shwea her constitutional today, of course, and anyone else who has sent a kind thought our way. Thanks, we needed that!

Well, I need to decide what needs to stay and what can go, so off I must go. Love from me and the most relaxed lab mix in history. XO, Ann

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for Joan and Val! Glad you were up to working on taxes---seems a good sign.

Paula said...

Boy, I wish I could write like you. Always so witty. Chelsea Handler has nothing on you.

Beth and I are Glad to hear the good test results. Should we send some cookies your way?

Anonymous said...

Holly: The fear of owing a bucket of money (and penalties) helps keep me motivated.

Paula: I feel guilty enough about the piles of cookies others have left me that I'm not eating. That said, if I did eat all the cookies that were left for me, steroid bloat would be the least of my worries. 8-)

Anonymous said...

Holly: The fear of owing a bucket of money (and penalties) helps keep me motivated.

Paula: I feel guilty enough about the piles of cookies others have left me that I'm not eating. That said, if I did eat all the cookies that were left for me, steroid bloat would be the least of my worries. 8-)