Monday, April 12, 2010

Home again!

My bloodwork was good on many fronts, so all I needed in the way of "tuneups" before they sent me home was a liter of fluid. Bless Deb for driving me to and from Boston as well as hanging out as I had my tests, saw a doctor and NP, and sat for two hours for the infusion. A trooper!

I'll be heading back to Boston on Friday to get a port installed. The result will be a relatively "permanent" access point for all chemo and blood draws that will not require me to get stuck each and every time. I had the PICC line, but those are a bit more tricky. (I was trying to avoid getting any kind of permanent access port, but my arms have made it plain they can't take much more of this chemo business). Sigh.

Monday, chemo starts anew. They plan to eventually put me on the drug that gave me what today's doctor called a "rip-roaring rash," but from all reports, they are taking steps to reduce and/or avoid a rash resurgence. They think this is such an effective drug, I need to be on it. Effective sounds good to me. Here's hoping my dear body goes along with this thinking, eh?

Came home to some leftover beef stew, salad and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Had pizza and salad for lunch. Yes, I'd say my appetite is okay. Now, I need to take my late-night pills, give myself a shot, and go to bed. Happy day! Seriously, a day home is a good day to your correspondent, shots or no shots. XO from yours truly and the Bombshell, A

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann - Good morning & welcome home! Sarah shared your blog with me yesterday... hope you don't mind? I ain't much of a blogger ya' know, but wanted to say hello & let you know I think, often, about how you're doin' and that I trust I'll be seeing your "nudge" reminders for edits very soon! Take care & so glad to hear of your progress!!

Mike Walker

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad you got parole! I learned of your new-found (partial) freedom from Rick J's weekly Comedy Studio e-mail. Wishing you the best, Uncle Count Scottula

Jennifer Myszkowski said...

Hooray! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! That is a big step in the right direction! and I'm glad to see your appetite is back!

Carol K.

Anonymous said...

Ann, So glad you are home. we finally got my dad out of the hospital rotation, and he is just overjoyed to be in his own house.

I continue to find your journey an inspiration, sistah.

Korte

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!! I'm thrilled you and the bombshell have been reunited, hopefully for a long time. Thinking of you,

Pat

Anne Pratt said...

Well this is good news, going to Boston and actually RETURNING! I am sure Shwea is reluctant to leave your side! I trust the church cooks are feeding you well, and I hope to join them as soon as my sniffles subside. Hooray for home!