Friday, April 16, 2010

Hey--it's working!

Am running out of steam big time, but I thought you should know that today went very well--yes, even the "port placement."

The best news came from our (Karen came along, bless her yet again) meeting with the NP, who said my lab work continues to improve. One little glitch--a number affected by how hydrated I am--in the results was explained (to me) by the fact that I wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything after 12:30 a.m.

Yes, Ann P. without food for over 12 hours. Not pretty, not pretty indeed.

Anyway, the best news was the "bad" proteins are going down--in a major way. They've dropped a great deal since they were first tested, and so all that I've been through is paying dividends, friends. Happy day!

I start my next round of treatments next week, and hope the bad guys' downward slide continues as a result. That's the plan, anyway.

As for the port, it was weird, but hey--it's over. Phew!

So that's the latest, friends. Tomorrow Val and Joan come over from NYC to help me get my taxes together. If any friends could make this fun, they can. (It could happen.)

xo from me and my snoring sidekick, A

1 comment:

Anne Pratt said...

Hooray! So much good news! I'm so glad you are home.

I'll be walking Shwea tomorrow night; Mary was asking. See you then, I hope!