Monday, April 26, 2010

Pardon the news blackout

Heard from a couple of friends today that my lack of posting over the weekend caused worry. They feared it meant I was in a bad place, as the last time I didn't post for a while, I was in a dodgy place, indeed.

Now, I have no control as to the deep, dark places you may go with your worry, but you needn't have.

This weekend, I was in a busy place, simply put. Saturday was primarily "Curb Appeal" day at my home, as Sita and Lynn worked on my yard (Sita cleaned up the yard and mowed, Lynn weeded and mulched), among many other things. (Sita also fixed the ripped piece of plastic on the back porch that has been flapping for months--that will improve my mental health tremendously). Mary made both yours truly and Shwea lunch (we were both charmed, I'm sure), then tackled some laundry, which is always most appreciated.

Then Jo and Chloe came by to visit, Lisa and her nephew came by--twice--to walk You-Know-Who, and I received check-in calls from a number of concerned friends and family, including my sister, whose birthday (24th) I forgot. Terrible.

And no, none of the above entailed anything in the way of physical labor by yours truly, but it was a busy, humbling day.

Sunday, I just went to church, which was wonderful, as it was our celebration of all things GLBT. Our chorus yesterday were from the local Gay Men's Chorus, which sure skewed the usual demographics in the choir loft for the day. It was a hoot, and I couldn't help but get a little teary, both because one can never hear too many gay-positive messages (particularly in a church!) and because this service always made Linda get out her handkerchief, too.

After church, however, I barely had the energy to feed Shwea and myself (though, of course I did), then went directly into nap mode. I didn't wake up until after 4.

I used to run with the wolves, now I need a nap after church. This is what it's come to for Ann Podolske.

As for today's chemo, it went swimmingly. Friend/Sherpa Dawn took me there and back, and we actually had an okay time of it. I did, however, hear more about the planned treatment for yours truly, and it reflects the fact that we are trying to push around some very aggressive Bad Boys, and my team at MGH is not messing around. Today's surprise was that I may not "just" have an auto-transplant, but may also have an allo-transplant (marrow from another person, if a suitable donor can be found), which will extend my treatment window considerably.

I have an appointment with the transplant team on Monday, and will learn more then. Will report more then, too, for my delivery just arrived and Ann does not make her supper wait. How rude!

With love from me and the blond now "guarding" said delivery in the kitchen, Ann

No comments: