Sunday, April 18, 2010

They're still at it!

Val and Joan showed up this morning and are still working away on my papers and beyond--can you believe it? I was surprised they returned this morning, truth be told. Who wants to pick up after two years of organizational neglect, no matter how understandable? These two!

Val is helping me to embrace the 21st century and online banking. She thinks it will help me take a more organized approach to bills (as I don't have an approach right now, she's right).

Joan is still getting Linda's and my own financial paperwork in some sort of order for tax purposes. I would have quit by now, to be honest, but she's determined. And she has done this sort of thing for her parents and others (can you imagine?).

We did take a nice break by heading to the local Tibetan restaurant, a favorite. Happily, Val and Joan liked it, too, and we were joined by Karen and Sky, who wanted to have some face time with these NYC sweethearts, as they have mostly spoken to them over the phone and via email since my medical adventure began.

Since I somehow have a major clothing storage shortage (so many underwear, so few drawers), Val emptied out two of Linda's bureaus for my use. I have been thinking it's now time that I could begin letting her stuff go, but I haven't the gumption to do anything about it. Val, bless her heart, has gumption to spare.

Tomorrow I head back to Boston to start treatment up again, and am a little worried about it. Will likely be a little more fatigued than I was this week (and no, I wasn't exactly a ball of fire), but hope that's about it. We shall see--and besides, I want to keep after those Bad Boy proteins who are heading for the exits. The only way to really show them the door is through chemo, so chemo it is. A little bit scary, but completely necessary. Like a lot of things, none of which I can think of now, alas.

Last but not least, I have my reading glasses back. Keitheley accidentally nabbed them when she visited me in Boston weeks ago, for she has a pair of the same brand. The good news is that I haven't been able to read much, so I didn't miss them. Here's hoping I will be able to use them, and soon!

Hope all is well with you and yours, xo from yours truly and the lethargic lab mix

No comments: