Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not crystal for long, dare we hope?

Today a friend came by and said I seemed fragile to her. Must say, that is not a term I have ever heard used in relation to myself, but she has a point. I move very slowly, get winded easily, and my skin is still recovering from the RRR (rip-roaring-rash).

Even so, this is progress, for I may be fragile, but I'm home. Plus, an NP from Boston told me today my protein counts are down (a good thing) and my other numbers are all heading in the right direction.

In other words, the chemo I've had is working, and this fragile business will likely be a phase. A temporary one (unlike the gay business 8-).

Am almost looking forward to starting chemo again on Monday, for that is what I need to get stronger, more my "old" relatively hale and hearty self. Just a little nervous about the port, but I know my Linda had one installed, and the procedure didn't seem that bad (to me--I have a whole new perspective on her treatment now, as you can imagine).

Not that I'm an entirely wilting violet. I took the trash out this morning to the curb w/o incident, and brought it back when the Pedal People were done.

That, dear people, is what qualifies as a Big Deal around here, and I'm very happy about it. Hope you have something to be happy about, too (even small potatoes qualify), xo, A

1 comment:

Val and Joan's travels said...

The person who thinks you seem fragile doesn't know how much better you are than a few weeks ago! Now THAT was fragile! I'm glad you are doing better. See you this weekend.

Val