Monday, April 05, 2010

Ode to a blotch

Mondays bring news, and today's most mixed message was the fact that my face is becoming a white, blotchy mess means it's healing. Hooray!

As for my labs, most of my numbers are going in the right direction, but aren't quite where they want them to be (before they spring me, naturally).

And the consensus is that I have made some sort of response to the cytoxan (SP?), the new chemo they tried last week, but it does knock me down a bit, so they're going to wait a little while to try that again.

So, the latest plan is to start the Velcade up again next Monday (this is my week off from chemo) and once my numbers allow, they'll try the cytoxan again. As for the Revlamid (again SP?), the chemo that likely caused this hunka-hunka-burnin' rash, that may be back on my menu, too.

We'll cross that bridge......

Today's visiting sweet peas are Mary and Dawn, who not only brought me clean undies (which were becoming a rare and wonderful thing for yours truly) but also my latest bills and census form--as well as an edible supper. Here's to them!

And here's to you--love from Her Blotchiness (but it's a good blotchy, really)

No comments: