Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter review #2

Well, I just spent 20 minutes updating this blog to have it vanish into thin air (the hospital's wireless access is a twitchy beast).

So, let's keep this brief, just in case.

Lew visited this weekend bearing an Easter basket (courtesy of his mother-in-law) and a baseball cap from Lew & Donna's resort in Mexico. He left after giving me a bit of a brotherly pep talk, which was sweet. To balance all that out, he also took a picture of me in full rash mode, as I have found it helps to put cold washcloths over my head and neck--apparently it's a look that cried out for a photo.

The good news is Lew is very unlikely to put said photo on the Internet. Good news for me, anyway.

A couple of doctors stopped by today to say they think the rash means the chemo is working. Don't know quite what to make of that, but usually, more is revealed on Mondays. Stay tuned.

Lastly, a big tip o' the hat to Mary, Karen and Sky, who somehow found the tax info necessary to get yours truly an extension. Val's Joan figured out how to wrangle said extension, bless her heart, for the Tax Man Cometh whether I'm in the hospital or not. One less thing to worry about--happy day!!

3 comments:

Casita Lisa said...

Finally got connected to your blog! so very happy to be reading how you are. We miss you something terrible, but I'm sure you miss your own home, and dog way more. I'll keep praying and all that good stuff! It's got to be a sign of good things to come that your sense of humor is mostly hanging in there.

Much Love,

Lisa

Pat Basche said...

Thinking of you. Hope you got some good stuff in your Easter Basket from Lew. Love from Wisconsin,

Pat, Max, Jenny, and John

Anne said...

Oh, but we WANTED to see the picture! Maybe you'll hang it on the wall at home.

I just got back from vacation, and gave my key to Dawn so she could work on the underwear issue.

The daffodils, forsythia, and magnolias are out here, so we hope you are home soon to see the spring flower extravaganza!