Thursday, April 08, 2010

Getting punchy, perhaps?

The social worker assigned to my case (poor gal) dropped by today for a recap on my case, and I found myself singing a slightly revised version of the old Beatles' song, "Revolution," in response. I was referring to the need for my rash to "resolve" (doctor for "go away").

"You say you want a re-so-lu-tion, well, you know, we all want to change the world...."

The social worker, bless her stoic heart, smiled through it all, and noted my good coping skills. Although she used another phrase I can't think of right now (which likely means "off the beam, but likely not to hurt anyone or herself").

Part of my punchiness is due (I think) to the fact that I have somehow managed to have a massive allergy attack up here. My right eye has been bloodshot and weepy all day, and I woke up at 7 only to need to go back to bed from 8 to 12. I was flat out. Trees are one of my big allergens, and from the looks of things outside, Boston's trees are blooming in earnest. The nurses I've polled (my only test group) all say they have trouble with allergies, even on the 21st floor, so I think I'm on to something. Will be getting some Zyrtec soon--that will tell all.

Still, I managed to have a shower today--the first standing up since I've arrived. (Yes, I was using the shower chair before.)

Now I am going to enjoy a nice yogurt "super smoothie," which I just learned is on the patient menu. Strawberry. Delicious! A dietitian came by with this list since I have mentioned (perhaps complained about) the repetition of the day-to-day menu and how it is affecting my appetite.

Yes, even Ann Podolske can get tired of food. Imagine!

No news on when I may head home. I'm guessing early next week, but am not getting my hopes up, as that hasn't worked too well for me in the past. As always: We shall see, eh?

xo from you know where, A

1 comment:

PJ said...

I'm thinkin' I may need a road trip to your coast...to bust you outta there!

Sheese...everytime I jump on thinking you will be home...I still see you are on the 21st floor.

Sorry for all the complications... hope for your return to home very soon.

Pj and Peg