Monday, October 31, 2005

Laughing Liberally? Or Sobbing Soberly?

We shall see. My big callback is coming up, and I will soon find out if my comedy is what the LL people are looking for--here's hoping, but not to worry, I'm not banking on this.

No matter what, I will be heading to NYC for an overnighter and seeing some old and dear friends I haven't seen for a while--especially some of my former coworkers. Haven't seen them since we were all fully employed! (Yeah, that was a while ago!)

So this will be sweet, even if I have to endure an audition in the midst of it all.

And we'll be eating at the Popover Cafe (or whatever it's called) on the Upper West Side. I love the Popover Cafe, or at least I did the last time I ate there (which was when I lived on the UWS, nearly 20 years ago).

Well, things likely have changed since then, but how can something called a "popover" not be good, I ask you?

And since they're bread, they'll be easy on my pre-performance stomach, so all is well there, too. (The friends we're dining with also suggested Vietnamese food, which ordinarily I would be interested in; however, Asian food has been known to give my stomach the willies, and we don't take any such chances on a night devoted to The Comedy, no Ma'am.)

Well, I must go prepare for the Hallowe'en hordes. I'm dressed like the Skipper--well, really a combination of the Skipper and Gilligan. (My outfit is pure Gilligan, but my hat is the Skipper's. Okay, my hat and my body type are more Skipper-esque, truth be told. The kids won't care--they'll be too focused on the candy.)

Here we go!

No comments: