Sunday, October 23, 2005

Exhausted, but happy

What a weekend! Friday night, P-town, Saturday night, Cambridge, Sunday night, knackered.

But it was all worth it, for I had a tremendous set Friday night. Performing for a packed house of sober GLBTs was a thrill, and I replayed the recording today to hear the hilarity anew--I got my family hooting and hollering and carrying on, and there is no greater reward than that. Sure, I spent money I didn't really have to spend on this trip, but I'd do it all again. Tomorrow.


Saturday night, I enjoyed a productive trip to The Studio. Didn't perform, but that was not my purpose. Holding up my end of the comedy buddy bargain (and thank goddess I did--we drove home in a deluge, dear people, and a deluge is not something anyone would want to drive through alone) and making sure all was well on the human relations front. And, last but not least, picking up a working version of the DVD of my last show.

Missions accomplished.

Slept in this morning until 10:00 a.m.--sloth-n-a-half under normal circumstances. However, my head hit the pillow at 2:00 a.m., so I don't feel the slugmuffin label applies. Have been feeling bone tired all day, but thanks to the joy that is coffee, I have managed to vacuum the house and do a great deal of laundry.

And apply to a five-day grantwriting course in early November. It may take me a while to catch on to good ideas, but when I do, STAND BACK. The course is highly regarded from what I can find out, and best of all, it's in D.C., so I can stay with my brother and sister-in-law--oh, and my nephew, the Airedale Harry. As it is looking like we won't be going anywhere for Thanksgiving (far too much financial uncertainty on the horizon for that), I am very grateful for a chance to spend some time with my favorite brother and his family.

Well, it's now time for ice cream, so close I must. Tomorrow, it's back to the schools department and the super Super. WoooooooWeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: