Tuesday, October 11, 2005

File under "What do I know?"

Despite my baseless (so what else is new?) fears of age discrimination and beyond, I managed to get a callback for the Laughing Liberally Showcase. They phoned last night, actually, which is darn civilized of them and bodes well.

(I could have squirmed all week, don't you know--I'm quite capable of it, just ask Linda.)

My next attempt will be in November in NYC at a venue my friends can come to--happy day! Once I find out the date, I will be spreading the word far and wide, not to worry.

Now I need to figure out what my most "liberal" material is, and put it together for tomorrow night's show at The Comedy Studio. Am excited and nervous and grateful I don't have to do anything but clean the house today (concentrating on any sort of "job" would be impossible under these conditions).

Elsewise, I brought Butler to the vet this morning, only to have to bring him home. The vet got the flu, for pity's sake, so I rescheduled for tomorrow with another vet. It was less than fun feeding the dogs while the cats carried on shamelessly, and I'm not happy I get to do that yet again tomorrow.

And I also got to try to get Butler to take his medicine, which entailed spitting and growling and fuss the likes of which I haven't experienced since I last heard something uttered by the "Rev." Fred Phelps.

Now, I must go take a pre-housecleaning nap. (Now who's being shameless?)

Hey--there are precious few "perks" to being under-employed, and taking a nap when needed is one of them.

No comments: