Monday, October 03, 2005

The mad round of pleasure continues....

Well, tomorrow is my last day at the school department, and, I'm bemused to note, I'm going to miss (most of) those people. Who'd a thunk it?

File that under "Sweet Surprise."

But no, I don't regret my decision not to go for the job--I have two interviews this week (one Wednesday, one Thursday) and while I have no idea if I'm a match for either, I still have options that do not involve answering the phones and taking notes at long, drawn-out, meetings and dealing with board members who seem to be on a permanent fault-finding mission (they, of course, have none).

And, last but not least, I have an audition on Friday. Yes, an audition. In New York City. For a liberal comedy troupe, of all things.

The day after I interview with a nonprofit dedicated to peace in Amherst.

Life is one crazy patchwork quilt, eh?

I am exhausted already, just contemplating this list. Plus, I spent most of the weekend with a power sander in my hand, trying to get the 1,345 layers of paint off our deck. Not pretty, not easy, not possible. Not in two days, anyway.

And painful as heck. Did I mention that?

(Life without ibuprofen would be impossible.)


Must toddle--have to get my rest, for tomorrow night my friend Holly Givens and I are the visual aids for a intro to standup comedy class. Will do my best to represent The Comedy.

No comments: