Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sheryl Swoopes--FREE AT LAST!

Houston Comets Sheryl "I feel like I've been living a lie" Houston is OUT. She won her third WNBA MVP award last month, and now THIS?! Wonderful news!

It made me hoot. Out loud, of course. At work. (I do not hoot at work, as a rule, in case you're wondering.)

According to my source (sorry it's Fox Sports, but that's where I saw it), "The five-time All-Star and three-time Olympic gold medalist also says she didn't always know she was gay and fears that coming out could jeopardize her status as a role model."

Well, she may lose some of her role model status with the folks back in Lubbock (they're also the folks who are teaching their kids that the average lifespan of gays is 40 years, so she shouldn't be surprised), but she'll gain enough new admirers she won't miss them for a moment.

There is plenty of hope to go around, at least for today. THANKS, MS. SWOOPES!!!!

No comments: