Wednesday, October 12, 2005

November 1st it is!

So, my callback to the Laughing Liberally folks is on the 1st of November at StandUp New York (I think that's how they spell their name; will verify when I have more time). More details to come, in other words.

Elsewise, I just brought Butler home from the vet's, and he isn't happy. (Then again, when is he?) He didn't have surgery after all, because he was too dehydrated and the vet was worried about what else might be going on, so instead he had some bloodwork done and (Grossout alert: the following is not for the squeamish) a biopsy is being done on a fragment of bone and tissue that came out of his head when the vet pulled on a loose tooth.

Altogether now: Gak!

He now is taking painkillers along with his antibiotics, and we'll find out whether he has an infection or cancer in about a week. Did find out that his kidneys are starting to go, which is not at all unusual in a cat that is the equivalent of 105 years of age.

Well, speaking of the dear cats, it is getting to be feeding time, and I need to get out of here by 4:00 so I can rendez-vous with my comedy buddy and a young comic who is also on the bill at The Comedy Studio tonight. Will let you know how it all goes tomorrow, promise.

No comments: