Friday, October 28, 2005

Who am I kidding? No one.

I am not now, nor have I been for a loooooooong time, the sort of person who can just go-go-go-go without stopping. Especially sober. Of late, I feel fortunate on days when I sort of go-go, you know?

Have been temping this week (back at the beck and call of the superintendent, yes indeed) and in addition, I've been proofing and editing and going to a writing group and interviewing and--yes, I'm exhausted just LOOKING at this list, much less contemplating that I actually DID EVERYTHING ON IT.

(Pardon the caps; I've been reading
Dooce too long.)

Today was my last day at the schools department, and that's a good thing. Next week Tuesday, I have my callback, necessitating a trip to NYC, and I also have a deadline for that 30% of my job that is still hanging on (thank you). This weekend, I had planned on sleeping early and often, but it appears that my proofing skills are needed, and as I am getting ready to head off to NYC for a day or two, not to mention a week-long class the week after that, I am in no position to say "No, thank you" to more work.

That said, Linda and I are going to the movies, no matter what. We really want to see "Good NIght, and Good Luck," but it's not playing anywhere in our Happy Valley (neither is "Capote"--what's going on here?!), so we're driving down to Hartford to see it.

So there.

Not that I'm in a big hurry to see archive footage of who is perhaps Wisconsin's most embarrassing Native Son (Sen. Joseph McCarthy beats Liberace ANY DAY OF THE WEEK on that score, if you ask me), but it sounds like a film we must see, so drive we must.

Okay, now I must stop typing, for my head feels as though it's stuffed with cotton (which may have more to do with the toxic cologne somebody was wearing at work today--I don't know what it is, or who was wearing it, but even after washing my hands repeatedly, this "fragrance" is clinging to me like a cheap nightie). BLEAH.

That said, I am still buzzing over Sheryl Swoopes, and the indictment announced this morning doesn't hurt, either.


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

No comments: