Thursday, April 14, 2005

Rockin' robins....

There were two pudgy--and I mean ROTUND--robins in one of our dogwood trees this morning, and Linda thought they might be expecting.

Pregnant robins in the front yard--if that doesn't say "Spring," I don't know what does!

It's been sunny and beautiful, if a little cool, and life is good. Have had too much work this week to really go out and enjoy the spring, but I hope to make up for this over the weekend. We're going to take our maiden spring voyage out to the cottage, have a little cookout, and maybe even launch the kayaks (if the lakes are open, that is). We might even spend the night, but as we don't have running water yet, that's a big MIGHT. (Not that I'm a princess, mind you, but I do like my daily shower.)

Have a comedy show tonight, and I don't have any idea of how much time I have or what, exactly, I'm going to do. Need to mix things up a little, that's for certain, for I'm a little bored--BORED--at the prospect.

Of doing comedy?! (That can't be good, can it?)

Here's hoping it's some sort of sophomore slump or something. I'm in year two of The Comedy, after all--the initial rush is past, and now it's getting a little more real.

And, I must admit, I am still annoyed at a comic who slammed the UCONN Huskies women's basketball team Saturday night. If he were a bigger man (and I mean that in every way possible), they wouldn't threaten him, but apparently, they do.

Cheap shot, anyway.

But then, I pick on poor, defenseless homophobes, so am I any better?

You bet your bippy, as they used to say on "Laugh In"....

No comments: